A Perry County man is confirmed to be dead after a fire destroyed the mobile home that he was living in on Friday afternoon.

Firefighters with the Tell City Fire Department were called to the residence of 63-year-old Charles Huff along 9th Street in Tell City at approximately 3:30 pm on Friday afternoon. Authorities say the mobile home was completely engulfed in flames when they arrived.

The Perry County Coroner’s Office said Huff died after suffering from smoke inhalation. A second man, Shirley Cronin, escaped the fire without any injuries.

Tell City Fire Chief Greg Linne says the fire started on the front porch and has been ruled accidental. Linne says firefighters were told that both Cronin and Huff smoked cigarettes on the front porch, but the investigation could not confirm that a cigarette caused the blaze.