A new ride is coming to a Spencer County theme park for next year and it’s progress is sailing right along.
Holiday World and Splashin Safari has announced that a new classic swinging ship ride that will be known as the Mayflower will be coming to the park next year. Park spokeswoman Paula Werne says this idea has been in the works for quite some time:
Werne says this new ride comes at a time where the park is continuing to look for ways to expand:
Additional new items for next year will include:
• Friday Night Fireworks (Friday evenings from June 13 through August 1)
• Extended Splashin’ Safari hours
• Summer Fun Card program, for multi-day summer visits
• New restaurant and shop in Splashin’ Safari
• Covered-bridge entry to Thanksgiving section
Additional cabanas, benches, shade structures, and parking improvements will also be a part of improvement plans for next year.
The cost of next year’s improvements will be an estimated $8 million. The good news for visitors to the park: there will be NO increase in ticket prices for Holiday World and Splashin Safari for next year.