Radius Indiana’s Defense and National Security Advisory Council has announced its new strategic plan.
The plan includes the council’s mission, goals, and the division of key responsibilities. Westgate at Crane Technology Park Executive Director Don Schulte is serving as the chairman for the council. The council is comprised of 3 former technical directors of NSWC Crane. Others serving on the council include Duane Embree from the Indiana Department of Defense Development and Steve Gootee with the Southern Indiana Defense Alliance.
Radius Indiana CEO Becky Skillman says attracting jobs to the area is the driving force behind the new plan:
Skillman says the I69 corridor is a big attraction for businesses looking to relocate as the area around the highway is wide open for development.
Now there are 5 main objectives in the council’s strategic plan. These are:
- Developing and supporting networks to promote and strengthen the state’s defense industry in light of potential US Dept of Defense Base Realignment and Closure
- Expansion and attraction of opportunities within the defense and national security industries.
- Promotion and support of innovation through commercializing defense research and dual use products
- Promoting and supporting asset, capacity, and land use studies
- Leveraging council support networks to further Radius Indiana’s mission.
Radius Indiana was founded back in 2009. The regional partnership represents Crawford, Daviess, Dubois, Greene, Lawrence, Martin, Orange and Washington counties in southwestern Indiana. The partnership also serves as a primary point of contact in Indiana for the Naval Surface Warfare Center (NSWC) Crane Division.